Sunday, April 7, 2019

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES.....APRIL 2019

4-7-19 Sunday 8:33 AM (Eastern U.S. Time) - Titusville, FL - Air Mobile "Home Base" - Report Submitted by:  Air Mobile Joe - 


A QUIET SUNDAY....

Can't begin to tell you how good it is to be home.  On this quiet Sunday, will just rest and reflect on the wonder and love of our Lord.  

Cindy is working at the hospital today and Ari is not feeling well.  Will just stay home and take care of her (she's feeling better).  

Our good friends, Alfred and Lisa Menendez will cover our Chaplain ministry at the Orlando Hospital.  

I know that I tell you this every day, but it is so true....THANK YOU for your faithful prayer, love and support!!  

Air Mobile Joe

4-6-19 Saturday 7:17 AM (Eastern U.S. Time) - Titusville, FL - Air Mobile "Home Base"- Report Submitted by:  Air Mobile Joe - 


RUNNING ON FUMES...  

After the 12 hour drive from Tennessee to Florida, on about 3 hours of sleep, dodged a wicked line of storms while heading to Kennedy Space Center.  

Had to submit Security Documents for my long term Badge for NASA.  From NASA, rolled right into meetings with Overland Mission. 

We're discussing an opportunity presented to Overland to take over a magnificent facility (missionary compound) in Zambia.  

We went over the need for clean water and setting up an aviation operation.  We'll be reaching out to Mission Aviation Fellowship (MAF) for advice.  

After those meetings, headed home and simply collapsed.  

Just felt like I ran out of fuel...running on fumes.  

But OH, it's good to be home.  After a good nights sleep, I feel much better and refreshed.  God is good!! 

This week, will be resuming the flight training in preparation for the CFI check-ride.  

THANK YOU for your faithful prayer, love and support!!  

Air Mobile Joe   

4-5-19 Friday 7:01 AM (Eastern U.S. Time) - Mountains of East Tennessee - Air Mobile "Retreat Cabin" - Report Submitted by:  Air Mobile Joe - 


12 HOURS LATER....

It's easy to take our good highways for granted. Driving from the Mountains of East Tennessee  to Florida is over 700 miles and I did it in about 12 hours.  

Hardly ever got below 60 mph.  No real traffic jams and the road was smooth as silk.  

I'm reminded of the (literally) millions of people moving or escaping or evacuating around the world.  

 

My heart breaks....  

This morning, I'll be meeting with Overland Missions located in Cocoa, FL.  This is a great organization. 

 

They're wanting more information on the Air Mobile Rescuer water purifier and some guidance on Mission Aviation for project in Zambia.  

May our Lord direct us as He wills!! 

It's a joy to work together with other missions. I believe it brings a smile to the face of our Lord Jesus when we work together!

Here's more on Overland Missions - OVERLAND MISSIONS  

Before meeting with Overland, I'll be delivering paper work to NASA for my Security Clearance.  

It's good to be home!!  THANK YOU, as always. for your precious prayer, love and support!!!  

Air Mobile Joe

4-4-19 Thursday 7:47 AM (Eastern U.S. Time) - Mountains of East Tennessee - Air Mobile "Retreat Cabin" - Report Submitted by:  Air Mobile Joe 


ON THE ROAD AGAIN....

Can't help but think of Willy Nelson at times like this.  

Wrapping up the cabin and heading back to Florida.  Mission(s) Accomplished.  

It's a 12 hour journey back to Florida...with no delays. 

Time to start rolling.  Sure have missed my Cindy and Ari (and Andy and Pippin & Maple - our Sugar Gliders).  

Thank God for "hands-free" cell phones.  Will be discussing the terrible flooding in Nebraska (and beyond) as well as the situation in Venezuela, Mozambique / Zimbabwe and even Zambia along the way.  

I'm so THANKFUL for these devices that allow us to work most anywhere....even "On the Road".  

Time to close up the cabin and start driving. Sure do appreciate your prayer, love and support!!!  

Air Mobile Joe

4-3-19 Wednesday 7:37 AM (Eastern U.S. Time) - Mountains of East Tennessee - Air Mobile "Retreat Cabin" - Report Submitted by:  Air Mobile Joe  


OPENING A 'TREASURE'.... 

 

Up early, having a cup of coffee, opened my Bible to Proverbs 3*.  Oh my, one of my all time favorite Proverbs.  

So often, as I scan the world news and see the many directions that we could go to bring the Love of God and CLEAN WATER to a hurting & thirsty world....I get overwhelmed.  

What path shall we take, where should we go, what should we do?  When I read Proverbs 3, our Lord brings peace to my turbulent soul. 

If I trust in the Lord with all my heart & lean not to my own understanding, He shall direct my path.  

PRAISE GOD!!  And there is so much more in this amazing Proverb. If you have a few minutes, may I encourage you to click on this link to read Proverbs 3 yourself.  

Perhaps you're facing some tough decisions or simply need some direction from our Lord.  Then, this Proverb is for you!!  

PROVERBS 3 NKJV 

 
BTW, from the time I began writing this blog this morning, until now, an amazing door just may be opening for us to get some desperately needed CLEAN WATERinto Venezuela.  

Can't give any details at this time.  PLEASE PRAY for us to have His direction!!  

Here's a quote from a recent story on the water situation....

"But people try to find water wherever they can: from springs, leaky pipes, gutters, government-provided tankers and the little that flows through the Guiare River in Caracas.


"We fill up from a well near here but we don't know if its drinkable. But we're using it," said Erimar Vale, who lives in the capital.  

Here's the rest of that story - TOP VENEZUELA COURT TIGHTENS NOOSE ON OPPOSITION LEADER

Again, THANK YOU for your invaluable prayer, love and support!  I do hope you were able to take a few minutes and read Proverbs 3.  It'll bless you!!  

Air Mobile Joe  


I often read the Proverb that corresponds with the day of the month.  Since there are 31 Proverbs, one for each day.  It's a good way to "tap" into God's wisdom, something I so desperately need!  

Joe

4-2-19 Tuesday 7:27 AM (Eastern U.S. Time) - Mountains of East Tennessee - Air Mobile "Retreat Cabin" - Report Submitted by: Air Mobile Joe 


LITTLE DONKEY PROGRESS....

I spoke with Don George* yesterday on the status of the rebuild of the rear engine for the Little Donkey (AKA: Ti Burik).  

So far, so good.  The crankshaft looks good and Don is sending out components for inspection.  

Oh, I've surely missed the Little Donkey but....soon, this wonderful tool will be back in the air.  

PRAISE GOD!!  

As I hear reports from around the world on the need for CLEAN WATER, my heart breaks.  

I want to GO, but for now,  we must focus our resources on getting that engine rebuilt and installed.  

We're extremely THANKFUL for organizations who have "loaned" us aircraft during this time, i.e. Remote Area Medical (RAM).  But it's time we get our bird back in the air! 

The Little Donkey has remarkable capabilities.  It can fly at high altitude for long distances, carry a good load and land on very short, unimproved airstrips.  

It is an excellent "Scout" plane for rapid-deploymentfollowing disasters.  

Thought I'd give you a good update on the progress of the Little Donkey.  

THANK YOU, as always, for your invaluable prayer, love and support!!!  

Air Mobile Joe

  

*Don George Aircraft Engines is a legendary aircraft engine shop.  I've known Don George, the owner and founder, for years.  He always does a great job of rebuilding engines.  

Joe

4-1-19 Monday 8:13 AM (Eastern U.S. Time) - Mountains of East Tennessee - Air Mobile "Retreat Cabin" - Report Submitted by:  


IMMERSED....

One of the things that I truly enjoy is "Listening" to God's Word. 

Thanks to a wonderful App (YouVersion), I can simply listen to the Word all throughout the day...and night.  It's wonderful!  


FAITH COMES BY HEARING & HEARING BY THE WORD OF GOD!!

My time here at the cabin has been extended a bit.  Cindy and I are working on a project here that requires a bit more research.  

So, it's just me and the cows and the Word of God.  

Speaking of cows, some folks are working on a "Cow Toilet" to cut down on eeee-mooo-sions.  That should clean things up a bit.  

Here's more -

COW "TOILETS" IN THE NETHERLANDS....

So, as I say every single day and mean with all of my heart, THANK YOU for your invaluable prayer, love and support!!!  

Air Mobile Joe

No comments: