Tuesday, March 31, 2020

THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES.....MARCH 2020A

3-31-20 Tuesday 7:11 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

IT'S OK TO CRY....


As I sit and write this "Rambling" Blog this cool, rainy morning, my heart breaks and I drift in and out of quiet tears.  

I don't have to hold those tears back.  I want to do more to help during this terrible crisis, but must...for now, remain at the cabin and make it as safe and well stocked as possible.

BTW, as I hear story after story of "acts of kindness" which are taking place here in America and around the world....I cry for joy.

Was up before the sun rose this morning and just lay quiet and listened to the Word of God.  Can't seem to get out of the Book of Revelation.  


Each time I read the "Book", our Lord promises to BLESS us.  

Let the BLESSINGS FLOW!!

I'm counting the hours until Cindy and Ari arrive.  Cindy's last day of work at the Hospital will be on Thursday.  

Then....they'll pack up and hit the road on Saturday.  I'm laying a PRAYER PATH for them to arrive safely.

Meanwhile, here at the cabin, I'm continuing to prepare the garden to receive hundreds of seedlings that are growing under Cindy's care in Florida. 


The idea of eating food that we have grown is ancient, but somehow exhilarating.  I love to call it our VICTORY GARDEN!!

I don't know where you are in this crisis, but I PRAY that our Lord will BLESS YOU RICHLY!

If there is ever a time to "CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD", it is NOW!!

And remember, if you feel the urge to simply cry, do it.  It's good for the soul.

As I say every single day and mean with all of my heart (as never before) THANK YOU for your precious prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe 





3-30-20 Monday 7:07 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

GETTING OUT OF THE CABIN FOR A NICE RIDE.....

Haven't been smitten by "Cabin Fever", but....thought a nice ride would do the soul some good.


Jumped in the Ford Escape and wandered around these gorgeous Tennessee roads to take in a bit more of beauty and scenery.  Love the Veterans Overlook at Bean Station, TN.


On the way back to the Retreat Cabin, drove up our "Valley" and just can't get over how beautiful our Valley is.


After my ride, put some more touches on the Victory Garden Irrigation System.

Can't wait for Cindy and Ari to arrive up here!!

Cindy has 2 more shifts at the Hospital and then....RETIRING!!!!  YEA!!!

This weekend, they will be driving up to the Cabin.  She'll have several hundred little plants that have been growing on our back-porch in Florida.  They will be transplanted into our VICTORY GARDEN!

Folks, I like you, don't know where this Coronavirus is going.  Our prayer is that it pass through quickly and that we find the best ways to treat it to save as many lives as possible.



Had to share this BEAUTIFUL SIGHT with you!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!



Again, this morning, I listened to the entire Book of Revelation.  I know this...

JESUS IS LORD & HE IS COMING BACK...SOON!  COME QUICKLY LORD JESUS!!

Every single time I read the Book of Revelation, I'm blessed!!!  I PRAY that you are blessed today and I'm so THANKFUL to have you as my friend in Christ!  

THANK YOU, as always, for your faithful prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe  



3-29-20 Sunday 7:37 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

DOING WHAT WE CAN....& BEYOND


Spent yesterday putting in an irrigation system and a means of keeping critters out of our garden.

During this unprecedented time of battling the Coronavirus, it's good to simply do the things that we can do and keep moving ahead with the BASICS.....like growing ones own food.

Awoke this morning to a storm blowing through our valley.  In the midst of the wind and rain, I listened to the Word of God (the Book of Revelation).


FAITH comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God!!  

Above all, during this extremely challenging time, it's good to KEEP OUR EYES FIXED ON JESUS!!

Meanwhile, back to the garden, my good friend, Wally Stryker, agreed to pick up a load of mushroom compost (a very important element in starting a garden).  


He showed up bright and early yesterday morning and dumped a good load right in the middle of our future garden.  THANK YOU WALLY!!


After covering up the compost with a big tarp, I went to work on the Security System to keep critters from eating our future garden.

Several days ago, a box arrived at the cabin.  My Cindy found and ordered an amazing & HUMANE way of chasing out critters out of the garden.

It's called the "Yard Enforcer" by Orbit.


Take a look at this video, where I accidentally referred to the "Yard Enforcer" as a "Humanitarian" means (not Humane) of protecting our precious food.


Then I did a test on the little Lawn Tractor.  It works beautifully!!

So, today, on this beautiful Sunday morning, following the storm, I'll watch our home Church Service on the internet.  PRAISE GOD for this great tool to receive the Word of God.


May you be blessed today.  Remember to KEEP YOUR EYES FIXED ON JESUS...THE AUTHOR & PERFECTER OF OUR FAITH!!

And, as always, THANK YOU for your invaluable prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe

3-28-20 Saturday 8:27 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

WHERE ARE WE GOING???

Only our Lord knows where the Coronavirus Challenge will take us.  There are a lot of voices saying a lot of things.

Again, all the more reason to PRAY FOR OUR LEADERS (WORLDWIDE) to be guided and directed by our Lord to conquer this incredible enemy.

I'm encouraged by the fact that some medications actually treat the deadly symptoms, i.e. hydroxy-chloroquine etc.  PRAISE GOD for such tools!


So, on this March 28, 2020 in the battle with the Coronvirus, I'm working on getting our Tennessee Victory Garden ready for the little plants that have been growing on our Florida back porch.

You know, we're just doing what we can, to prepare for the days ahead.

BTW, I'll be installing a "humane" critter chaser to protect our garden.  Should be fun.  


I know that I say this every single day, but I truly mean it with all of my heart. THANK YOU for rambling down this "Winding Road of life" with me.  

So appreciate your invaluable prayer, love and support!!!



Air Mobile Joe  




3-27-20 Friday 7:11 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

AMERICA RISES!!! & MAKING THE "GRADE"

It has been 13 days since arriving at the Air Mobile Retreat Cabin in the midst of the Coronavirus challenge....in my "Self Quarantine".

Have only left the cabin 1 time for about 3 hours.  The Isolation has been a bit lonely, but very effective.  Healing is definitely occurring in my body and for that, I'm so THANKFUL!

Your PRAYER & LOVE are working!  THANK YOU!!

Here at the cabin, we have electricity and the internet.  I find myself stopping, getting very quiet and listening to the birds.  I also hear story after story about how the U.S. is RISING to this incredible challenge.

At times, I just sit and cry*, both for joy and sadness.  I'm blessed beyond measure as the stories come in about true sacrifice and love and commitment from our health-care workers and the military and our leaders and incredible generosity of so many.

*BTW, crying is good for the soul.  

This is truly "historic" in so many ways!


Have been able to continue Air Mobile "business".  I'm so THANKFUL for Yahn Gray who has been my "hands & feet" from afar.  

Just yesterday, we sent an Air Mobile Rescuer water purifier to Utah.

Yahn is building Air Mobile Rescuers in advance in the event CLEAN WATER becomes an issue.


And, Paul, our Mechanic, has been diligent in getting the Little Donkey back together and ready for the "Next Mission".

I can hardly wait to get back to Florida to continue the Test Flights and engine "break-in".  Oh, I've missed flying.  

But....all in due time.  Our lives are in His Hands!!

While here at the cabin, have been able research ways to "squeeze more" out of our little lawn tractors.



My good neighbor and brother, Rich came over and helped me install a "sleeve-hitch" on one of our tractors.  This allows multiple "attachments" to be installed.

Well, a big problem that we have here at the cabin is our 1/4 mile road that leads to the cabin.  Now, with the hitch sleeve installed, a "Box Grader" can be installed and....I can now "grade" our own drive.

THANK YOU, Rich for your invaluable help.  


Loved to send the video to Cindy telling of the progress.  

Finally, the rain has stopped...for the moment, and the sun is shining and it's a wonderful day to...work on the garden, getting ready for those rapidly growing seedlings that Cindy has planted back in Florida.

So, may you be blessed today.  May our Lord protect and keep you in His Hands.

And...as I say every single day, THANK YOU - THANK YOU for your precious and truly appreciated prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe




3-26-20 Thursday 7:47 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

LAYING LOW....AT THE CABIN

Had a quiet day at the cabin.  Matter of fact, yesterday evening just "binged" on watching LSU Football games (LSU - Alabama / LSU-Georgia / LSU - Oklahoma / LSU - Clemson) on YouTube.  


What an amazing season.

It was nice to turn the News OFF & just relax watching some football (replays).

It was good to see the U.S. Senate finally pass that the RELIEF BILL!  

We have a ways to go with this terrible pandemic and we're praying for God's GRACE & GUIDANCE & PROTECTION!!!

I'm blessed to say that each day, I'm getting stronger and feeling better.  THANK YOU, as always, for your precious prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe



3-25-20 Wednesday 8:27 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

ANOTHER STEP.....TOWARD THE "VICTORY GARDEN"


In between "storms" yesterday, managed to make an excellent step toward preparing the "Victory Garden". Gotta have irrigation.

Other than that little project, just stayed indoors and listened to the News and the Word of God!!

I'm so pleased to say that the pain level that I have been experiencing is diminishing.  HEALING from the Radiation is definitely occurring.  PRAISE GOD!

Of course, like most, have been following the news.  Am THANKFUL that in the wee-hours, the U.S. Senate PASSED the "War-time" Relief Bill.

As never before, let us all PRAY for our Leaders around the world for DIVINE GUIDANCE!

So much hangs in the balance for us all.

Above all, LET US PRAY our Lord's DIVINE PROTECTION during this EXTREMELY DANGEROUS time!

As always, THANK YOU for your invaluable prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe

3-24-20 Tuesday 6:11 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

MAKING A LIST....& PERFECT TIMING!

Yesterday, was sitting here at the cabin doing an inventory of needed items. Cindy urged me NOT to leave the cabin, if possible.  She knows I'm vulnerable.

Perhaps I could reach out to a neighbor and see if they were planning to go out anyway.  I got to the last item on my list and my phone rang.  


It was Rich who lives about 15 minutes away.  The first thing he said was..."Hey, I'm going to the store....need me to pick up anything?"

WOW!  Perfect timing.  I pushed a button and sent him the list via email.  PRAISE GOD!


Several hours later, Rich showed up with a fresh supply. 

YES, "Surely our Lord knows how to deploy His Troops"!!

Meanwhile, today, I'll just hunker down and ride out the nasty Weather...that's on the way here.


Just stepped out on the porch and "captured" a cloud that was coming my way....here in the "Smokey Mountains" of East Tennessee.

Time to put on a pot of grits and have some fresh eggs and...a little bacon.

Wherever you are..... STAY SAFE & KEEP THE FAITH!!!

THANK YOU, as always, for your invaluable prayer, love & support!!

Air Mobile Joe

As always, THANK YOU 



3-23-20 Monday 6:47 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

A VERY TIGHT WINDOW....

Had been following the local WX and knew that last night would bring a lot of rain for the next few days.


The WX Channel "nailed" it. The rains came exactly as forecast.

So, while the sun shined yesterday, I laid out the 50'X50' Garden Plot. I knew I had to work fast to beat the rain.  

Used the compass on my I-Phone, a tape measure and set the stakes.  


Then jumped on my trusty little lawn tractor and mowed the grass down to the lowest level.



Meanwhile, back in Florida, Cindy is "nurturing" the seedlings on our back-porch and they're growing beautifully!

I still marvel that tiny little seeds can become delicious, healthful food.

I know this is a simple and known truth, but...in times like these, they take on a new meaning!

GOD IS GOOD!!

Here's a bit of History that you might find interesting....THE HISTORY OF GARDENS IN TIMES OF TURMOIL  

And while we're on the subject, here's another great article on the benefits of planting a garden....PLANT A VICTORY GARDEN TO COMBAT CORONAVIRUS FEARS & ISOLATION

You might want to consider...PLANTING A LITTLE GARDEN.

So, today, on this March 23, 2020 right in the middle of the terrible Coronavirus, we stand in faith and trust our Lord Jesus to lead us each step of the way!!!

THANK YOU, as always, for your invaluable and truly appreciated prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe

PPS: My good friend and Brother in Christ, Tony Baratta did a podcast with me over the weekend.  Here it is:



INTERVIEW WITH JOE HURSTON - AIR MOBILE MINISTRIES







3-22-20 Sunday 8:17 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

SHOULD HAVE USED A BUTTER KNIFE....



OOOPS!  Moments before the knife slipped and cut my thumb...the thought came to me..."don't cut your thumb off".  I should have listened, but...too late.

Well, I didn't cut it off, but I did slice it open.  Glad to report, it's all sealed up (no bleeding) and it's healing.


It took 9 Bandaids to stop the bleeding.  

BTW, it's really hard to open a band-aid with one hand.  Kind of comical...looking back.

When I posted my "Oooops" on Facebook, sure got a lot of good advice...like using a butter knife or a screwdriver or just let it thaw etc. etc.

Oh well, all is well.  I'm not too hindered but...the thumb is a wonderful thing to have and one really notices when it's not available for daily use.

Oh, I forgot to mention, when I was "Laminating the wound" with Bandaids, the phone rang.  It was Dr. Stephen Badolato down in Florida.

Talk about PERFECT TIMING!  He talked me through the rest of bandaging and how to care for it.  THANK YOU LORD for sending Dr. Steve in my moment of need.  GOD IS GOOD!!

Spoke with my Cindy this morning.  She's keeping me on track as to how to keep the wound safe.  Also, I'm pleased to say that she is feeling much better and the "cold-like" symptoms are going away.


She gave me a report on our seedlings growing on our back-porch in Florida that will be "transplanted" in our Tennessee garden.  They're growing beautifully.  

We are being urged to plant gardens....for the days ahead.  So glad we got this garden going several weeks ago.  



Remember the VICTORY GARDENS during World War II??  Not a bad idea.

So, on this beautiful Sunday Morning, March 22, 2020 in the middle of the Coronavirus Pandemic in the Smokey Mountains of East Tennessee, I PRAISE GOD for his AMAZING GRACE and MERCY!!

THANK YOU, as always, for your invaluable prayer, love and support!!!!

Air Mobile Joe  







3-21-20 Saturday 8:27 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

BIRDS SINGING.....A LOVELY SYMPHONY


Something as beautiful as birds singing.  So often, I'm moving so fast, and I can say, usually there's a roar in my head, that I simply don't hear the birds singing.

Well, one of the amazing blessings of this terrible challenge that the entire globe is dealing with is....slowing down and hearing the birds singing and and taking the time to smell the roses.

In all my years of being alive on this earth, never seen a challenge like the one that we're facing.  Talk about things CHANGING FAST!

Several weeks ago, the U.S. had a roaring economy and overall, business was good.  Then, literally in a matter of days, this "monster" exploded on the planet.  


Many, me included, have called upon the Name of the Lord for strength and guidance.  That is the thing to do, the One to call upon.


WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED!!


Psalm 91 has taken on new meaning and is a Promise for Whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord.

Surely, our Lord inspired David to pen these precious Words over 2700 years ago.

I've put a link to that wonderful Psalm down below.  May I encourage you to take just a few minutes and read it?  

Now, don't rush through it.  Read it nice and slowly and cherish each Word of the Amazing Promises contained therein.

There, my tip for the day on this March 21, 2020 right in the middle of the Coronavirus Challenge.

I pray that our Lord protects you and gives you peace in the midst of the storm.

And....as I say every single day and mean with all of my heart, THANK YOU for your precious and invaluable prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe

PS - PSALM 91 KJV

3-20-20 Friday 7:47 AM (U.S. Eastern Time) - In the Mountains of East TN  ('Air Mobile Retreat Cabin') - Report submitted by Air Mobile Joe

LET THE COLD WINDS BLOW....


Up early, put the coffee on, gazed at my valley and felt the cold winds coming.  Going to be a stormy day here in the Mountains of East Tennessee.

Last night, went to bed listening to the News.  Story after story came in....death toll sky-rocketing in Italy, California shutting down, Coronavirus cases rapidly rising in the U.S. and I felt myself being swept up into fear.


Finally, I turned the News OFF and turned ON YouVersion Audio and let the Word of God sink in.  I went to sleep listening to the Book of John &....slept like a baby.

If you don't have the YouVersion App, I strongly urge you to download it and let the Word of God flow into your heart. 

I'm not being paid by YouVersion to say this.  It's just a GREAT APP!!

Here's a link - https://www.youversion.com/ 


"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God!"

So, as I've confessed on this Rambling Blog numerous times....I'm a "News Junkie".  It's good to be informed and somewhat...know what's going on.

But....a steady diet of "News" will certainly diminish our Faith.  I urge you to balance what you're listening to with the Word of God.

There, that's my tip for the day.  May you be blessed and may FAITH RISE in your heart as you navigate through these terrible & challenging Coronavirus Days.  

PLEASE PRAY for our leaders and leaders world-wide to be guided and directed by our Lord through this CRISIS!

I'd like to share a testimony with you.  Several months ago, a Church in Florida funded an Air Mobile Rescuer water purifier for a Church on Marsh Harbor, Abaco, in the Bahamas.  

Due to my cancer challenges and getting the Little Donkey back in the air, delay after delay has occurred.

Pastor Gabe, in the Bahamas has been patient and understanding of the delay but...he needs the ability to keep CLEAN WATER flowing.

This has been heavy on my mind and heart.  Suddenly, last night, I recalled that I had placed an extra Air Mobile Rescuer on Abaco Island.  I immediately called Pastor Gabe and arranged for him to go get that Rescuer.  PRAISE GOD!!!

Well, the winds are picking up and it's time for that 2nd cup of coffee.  As always, THANK YOU for your precious prayer, love and support!!!

Air Mobile Joe






PS - IF YOU'RE NEW TO THIS "RAMBLING BLOG" AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW WE'VE GOTTEN TO THIS JUNCTURE OF THE JOURNEY, JUST CLICK ON "OLDER POSTS" BELOW. 


Joe 

No comments: